Knight Arts Challenge St. Paul is now closed to new entries. Thank you for your ideas. Watch for news of finalists this summer. We will announce winners in September.
It’s your turn to inspire St. Paul’s arts scene.You’re here because, like us, you believe the arts are the highest form of human expression. They describe beauty, speak to our soul, engage and enrage. They celebrate our community’s diversity and etch our shared experience. The arts inspire.
The Knight Arts Challenge draws the best and most innovative ideas out of local organizations and individuals seeking to transform the community through the arts. If you have a great idea in the arts, let us know. Take part in a community rising to new levels of artistic achievement and global recognition.
The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation is seeking ideas and innovation in the arts from nonprofits, companies and individuals.
There are three simple rules:
- The idea is about arts.
- The project takes place in or benefits St. Paul.
- You find other funding to match the Knight Foundation grant.
If you’d like to learn more, attend a Community Q&A session the week of April 13, where Knight Foundation staff will be on hand to answer questions. Here’s the schedule:
- Sunday, April 13, 2 p.m.: Dayton’s Bluff Recreation Center, 800 Conway St., St. Paul
- Sunday, April 13, 6 p.m.: Bedlam Lowertown, 213 Fourth St. E, St. Paul
- Monday, April 14, 6 p.m.: Intermedia Arts, 2822 Lyndale Ave. S, Minneapolis
- Tuesday, April 15, 8:30 a.m.: The Dubliner, 2162 University Ave W, St. Paul
- Tuesday, April 15, 6 p.m.: Neighborhood House, The Wellstone Center, 179 Robie St. E, St. Paul
- Wednesday, April 16, 6 p.m.: Penumbra Theatre, 270 North Kent St., St. Paul