You’re here because, like us, you believe the arts are the highest form of human expression. They describe beauty, speak to our soul, engage and enrage. They celebrate our community’s diversity and etch our shared experience. The arts inspire.
It’s your turn to inspire Philadelphia’s vibrant local arts scene and enrich the city’s neighborhoods.
The Knight Arts Challenge Philadelphia is a $9 million initiative to draw the best and most innovative ideas out of local organizations and individuals seeking to transform the community through the arts. Whether you’re an independent artist, business, established arts institution, organization or individual – we want to hear from you.
No idea is too large or too small, as long as it follows three basic rules
- Your idea is about arts.
- Your project takes place in or benefits Philadelphia.
- You find other funding to match Knight Foundation’s grant.
The initial, two-question, 150-word applications are accepted at KnightArts.org during an annual application period.
Launched in 2010, the challenge has funded 114 ideas. Winners, selected from more than 3,000 applications, represent a broad spectrum of the community — from individual artists and artist-driven organizations to some of the city’s premier cultural institutions.
- Read the KAC Philadelphia FAQ for more information.
- 2011 Winners: 36 Knight Arts Challenge Philadelphia winners (announced May 2011).
- 2012 Wnners: Best arts ideas in Philadelphia receive $2.76 million in funding.
- 2013 Winners: Announcing 43 winners in the Philadelphia Knight Arts Challenge.