In South Florida, Detroit and St. Paul, we are seeking ideas and innovation in the arts from nonprofits, companies and individuals.
• Detroit status: Now closed for entries. Winners will be announced in October. See 2013 winners here.
• South Florida status: Now closed for entries. See 2013 winners here. Watch for news of finalists in May. Winners will be announced in December.
• Philadelphia status: 2013 winners were announced here, culminating the three-year program.
• St. Paul status: Now closed for entries. Watch for news of finalists this summer. Winners will be announced in September. Read the basics and the FAQ in English, Spanish or Hmong.
You’re here because, like us, you believe the arts are the highest form of human expression.
They describe beauty, speak to our soul, engage and enrage. They celebrate our community’s diversity and our shared experience. The arts inspire.It’s your turn to inspire our growing local arts scene.The Knight Arts Challenge is an initiative to draw the best and most innovative ideas out of local organizations and individuals that seek to transform our community through the arts. If you have a great idea in the arts, let us know. Take part in a community rising to new levels of artistic achievement and global recognition. Knight Foundation is seeking innovative ideas in the arts from nonprofits, companies and individuals. We want to know how YOU hope to inspire our local arts community.
The challenge has three simple rules:
- The idea is about arts.
- The project takes place in or benefits the community in which the Challenge is based (i.e. Detroit, Miami, or St. Paul).
- You find other funding to match the Knight Foundation grant.